2023 Replacement

2023 Replacement Project Overview

Project Overview and Proposed Route

Great Basin Gas Transmission Company (Great Basin) proposes to replace and abandon in place approximately 20.4 miles of its existing 16-inch diameter steel pipeline. The 2023 Mainline Replacement Project (Project) will begin downstream of its Winnemucca Compressor Station and end downstream of its Elko Lateral Tap. The Facilities associated with the Project will reside in Humboldt County, Nevada.

As the proposed Project is a replacement project, the new facilities will not change the capacity available. Great Basin will not need to install any new compressors nor make modifications to existing compressors as part of this Project.

The new facilities will be constructed approximately 20 feet from the existing pipeline facilities. The entire Project will be installed in or adjacent to Great Basin’s existing right of way (ROW). Approximately 64 percent of the proposed route is on BLM land with the remainder on private land (36%).

Based on Great Basin’s current route assessment, other potential alignments would add length to the pipeline, and may place it in more environmentally sensitive areas.


2023 Map


release 1.0 Set Screen Reader Mode On